Facebook Provides Oppportunities To Indian Startups
The India Innovation Acceleration Program by Facebook, in collaboration with T-Hub, has opened up applications for its second edition. As per the company, The India Innovation accelerator, will be stressing on identifying and empowering most innovative startups leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) based solutions that is likely to have a positive impact on the community.
The company says that the program will support AI based startups that have created a social impact and focussed on building technology to solve social problems in the domains of empowerment of women and girls, agriculture, healthcare, education, climate change, resilient cities, etc.
Mentorship and technical expertise would be provided by Facebook. Access to a suite of products and services and experts would be provided by Facebook too. Startups participating in the program would have access to T-Hub’s network of mentors, industry experts, investors, service providers, in order to attract funding for their business, during the Demo Day at the end of the program.
Here are the eligibility criteria for startups:
- At least one full-time employee with some initial market traction
- A product or service that provides a functionality/capability that can be demonstrated to possess a significant advantage over current offerings in some aspect
- Product or service that represents original ideas wholly owned with freedom to use or is licensed by the team
- A team is based in India, and is working to serve the Indian market; teams aren’t limited to working in India, but must have customers in India.
- Formed or is a part of a recognised, legal entity for the company structure.
The call for application for participation in this program closes on 2nd June 2019.
Excerpts from The Times of India